Abstracts Submission Rules
- Abstracts must be submitted via this website. Faxed or emailed abstracts will not be considered.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official conference publications.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission.
- All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
- No changes can be made to abstracts once they are submitted.
Upon submitting your abstract via the Conference website, you will receive an "Abstract Submission Receipt notification" indicating that your abstract has been successfully submitted. This email can take up to a day to be received. Please be sure to check you "Spam Folder".
Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
Guidelines for submission
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Author and co-authors' details
- Email address
- Affiliation (only one per author)
- Oral Communication
- Poster Presentation
- Although the authors can select a preferred type of presentation, the final decision is made by the Scientific Committee.
Abstract Selection and Presentation
Abstracts submitted to the 28th European Childhood Obesity Group Meeting (ECOG 2018) will be peer reviewed by the Scientific Committee which will decide on their acceptance/rejection. Notification regarding abstract acceptance and scheduling will be sent to the submitting/ corresponding author. The Committee decision is final.
The best accepted abstracts will be published in the Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism, ECOG's Journal.
- Physical activity
Registration for abstract submission is required. The submission of an abstract has a fee of 25€ per abstract. This fee is non-refundable regardless of the final status of the abstract.
The presenting author must also be registered and pay the registration fee by the 21st of September at Midnight GMT. If the payment is not received on time, these abstracts will be eliminated from the program.
- Abstract submission closes: 3rd August 2018, 23:59
- Authors Notification: 7th September 2018